This beautifully almost apothecary’s bottle along with its appealing name – Drink Me – matches perfectly with the subtle, mellow and refined content. Tawnies with an age indication such as "10 years" are blended from different wines, with an average of 10 years. The prolonged ageing in small wooden casks confers the characteristic Tawny colour. The main features of an aged Tawny are the complexity of aromas, the freshness and refined persistent bouquet.
After dinner, this Tawny is a good match with cheeses and chocolate based desserts.
The grapes coming from low yielding vineyards in the Cima Corgo region of the Douro Valley, are predominantly trodden in lagares, prior to ageing in small old oak casks at the cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia. Tawnies age in 550l old casks, for many years. The balanced blend of the different characteristics and ages is the art of the Niepoort Master Blender.
- Tasting Notes
Tawny in colour, with aromas of dried apricots and crystallized tangerine peel, well integrated with a nutty character.
“Dirk Niepoort is the master of old Tawnies…” (James Suckling)
- Technical Information
- Niepoort (Vinhos) S.A.
- Vinha da Pisca/Vale do Pinhão/Ferrão
Average Vine Age
- Over 60 anos
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Francisca, Tinta Amarela, Sousão, Tinta Roriz
Vines per HA
- Hand picked
- Lagares (wine press tanks)/Foot treading
- Small old oak casks
Dry Extract (g/dm3)
Residual Sugar (g/dm3)
Total Acidity (g/dm3)
Volatile Acidity (g/dm3)
Total SO2 (mg/dm3)
Volumic Mass (g/cm3)
- This Tawny is a good match with cheese and chocolate based desserts. It can also be drunk as an aperitif, served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- 24.7 10.4 × 1 1487.9 wood
- 120 80