Regarding the Fabelhaft Tawny Reserve wine, it spends most of its time ageing in small barrels in the Niepoort lodge in Vila Nova de Gaia. The small barrels enable a soft and light contact with air through the pores of the wood, which results in a slow oxidation process over the years.
The Fabelhaft Tawny Reserve comes from low yielding vineyards in the Cima Corgo region of the Douro Valley. The grapes are predominantly trodden in lagares, prior to ageing in small old oak casks at our lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia.
- Tasting Notes
Brick red tawny appearance; a velvety mouth feel with a fine blend of old wines giving richness balanced with younger wines giving freshness and complexity.
- Technical Information
- Niepoort (Vinhos) S.A
- Vale do Pinhão / Ferrão
Average Vine Age
- Over 30 years
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Francisca, Tinta Amarela, Sousão, Tinta Roriz and others
Vines per HA
- Guyot and Royat
- Hand picked
- Lagares (wine press tanks)/Foot treading
- 7 years in small old oak casks
Dry Extract (g/dm3)
Residual Sugar (g/dm3)
Total Acidity (g/dm3)
Volatile Acidity (g/dm3)
Total SO2 (mg/dm3)
Volumic Mass (g/cm3)
- This Tawny is a good match with cheeses and chocolate based desserts. It can also be drunk as an aperitif, served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
- 22.5 18.9 28.5 × 6 7400 cardboard
- 80 120 × 6 Rows 96 Boxes