To produce a Port Wine with a fine and balanced flavour, Niepoort Tawny ages in oak casks for 3,5 years. Freshness, lightness and balance are the key elements of this wine. A Port easy to drink on any occasion. Tawny has a shiny bright colour and soft and sweet tannins. Tawny Port keeps well for several years, although the wine will not improve with age. It contains no sediment and does not neet to be decanted.
Fabelhaft tawny, with an average age of three and a half years, originates from low yielding vineyards in the Cima corgo region of the Douro Valley. The grapes are predominantly trodden in lagares, prior to ageing in small old oak casks at our lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia.
- Tasting Notes
Brick red/tawny in colour, with delicate nutty aromas and a hint of dried fruits. On the palate, very well balanced with a youthful fruity, luscious character, which integrates well with a long spirity finish.
- Technical Information
- Niepoort (Vinhos) S.A
- Vinha da Pisca/Vale do Pinhão/Ferrão
Average Vine Age
- Over 30 anos
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Francisca, Tinta Amarela, Sousão, Tinta Roriz
Vines per HA
- Guyot and Royat
- Hand picked
- Lagares (wine press tanks)/Foot treading
- Small old oak casks
Dry Extract (g/dm3)
Residual Sugar (g/dm3)
Total Acidity (g/dm3)
Volatile Acidity (g/dm3)
Total SO2 (mg/dm3)
Volumic Mass (g/cm3)
- A versatile wine, which goes well with chocolate desserts and can also be served slightly chilled as an aperitif or with pâtés or fois gras.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
- 22.5 18.9 28.5 × 6 7400 cardboard
- 80 100 × 6 Rows 96 Boxes